World Conservation Award
The World Conservation Awards provides an opportunity for individual Scouts to 'think globally' and 'act locally' to preserve and improve our environment. This program is designed to make youth members aware that all nations are closely related through natural resources and that we are interdependent with our world environment.
The design of the badge incorporates the panda logo of the World Wildlife Fund, which sponsors the Award on a worldwide basis with the fleur-de-lis, which is found on or as the basis for many nation's Scouting emblems. The World Conservation Award is earned by Scouts and Venturers in many other nations outside of the United States.
There are three varieties of this patch which distinguish it as an award for a Scout who has completed the requirements outlined for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, or Venture Scouts. Requirements vary in increasing difficulty in correlation with its branch of Scouting, as well as implementing elements of natural rank advancement. While each badge is similar in appearance, each has a subtle characterizing differentiation. Each features the Panda in front of the Scout emblem, however the color scheme of the patch correlates with the branch of scouting it was awarded under: The Cub Scout version of the patch is yellow with a purple border, the Boy Scout version is standard BSA khaki and the Venture Scout version is yellow with a green border (see below).
- Boy Scout Merit Badges: Bird Study - Environmental Science - Fish and Wildlife Management - Forestry - Gardening - Geology - Insect Study - Mammal Study - Nature - Oceanography - Plant Science - Reptile and Amphibian Study - Soil and Water Conservation
- Boy Scout awards: Conservation Good Turn Award - Leave No Trace Award - William T. Hornaday award - World Conservation Award
- Venturing: Ranger Award electives: Ecology - Plants and Wildlife; Awards: Conservation Good Turn Award - Leave No Trace Award - William T. Hornaday award - World Conservation Award
- Webelos Activity Badges: Forester - Naturalist - Outdoorsman
- Cub Scout Belt Loops & Pins: Geology - Weather - Wildlife Conservation
- Cub Scout awards: Conservation Good Turn Award - Leave No Trace Award - World Conservation Award
- General Resources:
- Conservation Resources: Soil and Water Conservation Merit Badge resources - Conservation and Resource Center - Leave No Trace Center - Wildlife Conservation Society
- Bird Resources: Bird Study Merit Badge resources
- Fish Resources: Fishing Merit Badge Requirement resources - American Fisheries Society
- Insect Resources: Insect Study Merit Badge resources
- Mammal Resources: Mammal Study Merit Badge resources
- Reptile & Amphibian Resources: Reptile and Amphibian Study Merit Badge resources - Frog Songs