|Wilderness Survival merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||117|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2001/2007|
Wilderness Survival requirements
| A FREE workbook for Wilderness Survival is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Per the BSA: "You should read the merit badge pamphlet on the subject." Pamphlets (books) are at local Scout Shops and online at ScoutStuff.org.
- "Get a signed Merit Badge application from your Scoutmaster." An online, printable Word doc file version is available.
- In 2007, requirements 1-8 were revised. Requirement 9 was added to requirement 8, requirements 10-13 renumbered as 9-12 with some minor wording changes.
General Merit Badge information
- An Introduction to Merit Badges – how to get started, who chooses the counselor, etc.
- Merit Badge Worksheets & Requirements – with the revision dates, diagrams, charts, checklists, logs, and links you need.
- Merit Badge Application – offers online resources to let you print "Blue Cards," etc.
- Merit Badge FAQ – answers dozens of questions like: Who can be a counselor? Can requirements be added or removed?
- Merit Badges Requiring Prior Approval – Certain requirements need prior approval. Most do not. Here is the list.
- Also see: Most Popular Merit Badges – Merit Badge Policies – Eagle-Required Merit Badges – Merit Badge Days
- Additionally: List of Merit Badges by Field of Study – Merit Badge Pamphlets & Libraries
- Merit Badge Counselors must complete Youth Protection Training, file an Adult Application (and Merit Badge Counselor Information Form); and be approved by the local council. (See the Guide for Merit Badge Counselors for additional details.)
- Site, Kindling, Wood, Flint & Steel, BlastMatch, Steel Wool, Fire Piston Magnifying Glass, Log Cabin, Tee Pee, Dangers, Safety
- Camps Database
- Assn of Outdoor Recreation and Education
- Backpacker Magazine
- Equipped to Survive
- Wilderness Education Association
- US Geological Survey Free Topographical Maps - Download the pdf or buy 22”x27” maps for $7 each.
- Topozone.com Choose your topographical map and scale, then click Print Map, free 8.5x11.
- Google Maps Satellite, Street, and Terrain Maps:
- Terraserver Free Large Satellite Photos - Enter Address, choose large size, print, right click, Save as)