(Difference between revisions)
(→External links: add cooking links)
(→External links: cleanup)
|Line 78:||Line 78:|
Revision as of 18:28, November 14, 2008
|The Wilderness Survival requirements were revised effective January 1, 2008.|
|Wilderness Survival merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||117|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2001/2007|
Wilderness Survival requirements
- In 2007, requirements 1-8 were revised. Requirement 9 was added to requirement 8, requirements 10-13 renumbered as 9-12 with some minor wording changes.
- 1: First Aid
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See First Aid Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: First Aid Merit Badge Pamphlet - First Aid Kit - Emergency Kit - Guide to Safe Scouting - Physcial
- 6: Eight non-match methods for firestarting
- 7b: How to Use a Signal Mirror
- 2-8 Survival Basics
- The Wilderness Survival Merit Badge Pamphlet is the primary reference.
- See Wilderness Survival Skills for: Survival Skills - Survival Kit - Shelter - Signaling - Campfire Starting
- 6: Fires
- The Boy Scout Handbook is the primary reference. See Campfire Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: Campfire Setup - Campfire Types - Campfire Starting - Campfire Safety - Firem'n Chit - Fire Safety Merit Badge
- 10: Water Treatment - Water Purification
- 11: Layering
- Backpacking Merit Badge
- Camping Merit Badge
- Cooking Merit Badge
- Hiking Merit Badge
- Second Class Rank
- First Class Rank
|General Merit Badge information
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See Outdoor Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: Camping Merit Badge Pamphlet - Hiking Skills - Hydration - Outdoor Gear - Tents - Water Purification - Weather Skills
- Animated Knots: Basic Scout Knots - Forty Scout knots - Special Knots - Sailing knots - Fishing knots - Folsoms Knots - Animatedknots.com - Great Animations - More Animated Knots - More great Animated Knots - Still more - Knot Videos - Basics Videos - Basics2
- Other Knot Links: Advanced knots - Ropers Knots Page - Climbing Knots - Fishing knots - Knots Index
- Camps Database
- Assn of Outdoor Recreation and Education
- Backpacker Magazine
- Equipped to Survive
- Wilderness Education Association
- US Geological Survey Free Topographical Maps - Download the pdf or buy 22”x27” maps for $7 each.
- Topozone.com Choose your topographical map and scale, then click Print Map, free 8.5x11.
- Google Maps Satellite, Street, and Terrain Maps:
- Terraserver Free Large Satellite Photos - Enter Address, choose large size, print, right click, Save as)