Webelos Scout Program
The Webelos Scout Program prepares boys who have completed third grade or are age 10 but have not yet completed fifth grade or reached age 11 1/2 to bridge into a troop. Pronounced "WEE-buh-los", the word "Webelos" means WE'll BE LOyal Scouts. After earning the Bobcat badge, a boy may earn the Webelos Badge and Arrow of Light Award. Shorter Webelos Scout Programs are available for Webelos who start in fifth grade to earn their Arrow of Light in as little as six months.
The Webelos Program is more challenging than Tiger, Wolf, and Bear programs for younger Cub Scouts. Webelos Scouts take part in Cub Scout pack meetings and activities as well as Webelos den meetings, activities, and outdoor fun. Webelos Scouts can earn Webelos Activity Badges/Webelos & Arrow of Light Adventure Pins and Belt Loops and Pins at any time. The Webelos uniform has six parts.
|— Webelos Handbook, p. 4.|
Important Notes for all Webelos Program Plans:
- The Webelos Rank requires at least 3 month active participation, Fitness, Citizen, and one other activity badge.
- The Webelos Rank can be completed by the middle of the fourth grade year.
- The Webelos Arrow of Light Award can be earned in December of the Fifth grade year allowing transition that month to Boy Scouts.
- By bridging December 1st, boys have the chance to participate in troop activities and fundraising before their first Boy Scout Summer Camp.
- The actual bridging award ceremony is typically help later and often in February at the Pack's Blue and Gold Banquet.
- The Webelos Scouts have two summers to attend Webelos Resident Camp which is tailored for their program.
- Webelos can also attend Cub Scout Day Camp although Day Camp does not focus on Webelos program.
This plan is adapted from the Webelos Leader Guide to allow Webelos Scouts to complete all 20 Webelos Activity Badges.
- Webelos Patrol (den) starting in June at the beginning of the fourth grade year.
- This plan allows Webelos Scouts to earn to all 20 Webelos Activity Badges.
- The Webelos Patrol meets for 18 months, bridging on December 1st of the fifth grade year.
- Boys can also earn Activity Badges (pins) by working on their own with the Webelos Den Leader.
|Nov|| Citizen plus a|
Scholar Meeting with a Principal?
|Jan|| Finish Craftsman plus an|
Engineer Day (with a Science Teacher?)
|Mar|| Showman plus a|
Scientist Day (with a Science Teacher?)
|May|| Athlete plus a|
|Jul||Outdoorsman at Camp or with a troop?|
|Dec||Bridge 12/1 - now Boy Scouts!|
|Jan||Registered as Boy Scouts|
|Feb||Ceremony at Blue and Gold Banquet|
For a Webelos Patrol (den) starting in September of the fourth grade year.
|Nov||Begin work on Craftsman|
For a Webelos den that has both 4th- and 5th-graders.
For dens with new 5th-grade Webelos Scouts.
For a pack chartered by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
|Webelos Den Leader portal|
- Webelos Scout
- Webelos Activity Badge Workbooks (Webelos Pins)
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Belt Loops and Pins