|Cub Scout Webelos Rank|
oval Webelos Badge introduced in 2001
The Webelos Badge program is for boys who have completed third grade or are age 10 but have not yet completed fifth grade or reached age 11 1/2. Pronounced "WEE-buh-los", the word "Webelos" means WE'll BE LOyal Scouts. After earning the Bobcat badge, a boy may earn the Webelos badge by completing requirements lised below.
The Webelos Scouts program is filled with activities and outdoor fun for boys in the fourth or fifth grade. Everything in the Webelos Scout program is more challenging than the things the younger boys in the pack do. Webelos Scouts are still Cub Scouts who take part in Cub Scout pack meetings, events, and outings. But the Webelos den also makes its own plans and enjoys many activities that the younger Cub Scouts don't get to do.
Instead of working on achievements and electives as other boys in Cub Scouting do, Webelos Scouts work on activity badges and the Arrow of Light Award, which is a bridge to Boy Scouting.
All registered Tiger Cubs, Wolf Cubs, Bear Cubs, and Webelos Scouts can earn Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program known as "Belt Loops and Pins." - Academic & Sports p. 1 Belt Loops and Pins may be earned more than once.
| Webelos Activity Badge Worksheets|
Worksheets can help you organize notes, listen actively, find resources, and document your work.
Webelos Badge requirements
To earn the Webelos badge, you must be active in your den at least three months and complete the requirements below.
* If you earned your faith's religious emblem earlier in Cub Scouting, and your faith does not have a Webelos religious emblem, you must complete requirement 8e. Completion of requirement 8e does not qualify a youth to receive the religious emblem of his faith.Webelos Scout religious emblems are listed on pages 68-69 in the Webelos Handbook.
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program
All registered Tiger Cubs, Wolf Cubs, Bear Cubs, and Webelos Scouts can earn Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program awards known as "Belt Loops and Pins." See your Webelos Badge Handbook section on Cub Scout Academics and Sports.
Earning Loops and Pins multiple times
- "Many Webelos Scouts may earn belt loops and pins a second time to qualify for Webelos Activity Badges. All boys may earn belt loops more than once; however, leaders should encourage boys to try different requirements and earn the pin. Packs should have a clear policy in place to determine whether the pack or the boy's family will be responsible for the cost of awards that are earned more than once."
- - Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide #34299B, 2003 Revision, p.4 & Cub Scout Leader Book, p. 31-1.
Cub Scout Leader Resources
- Webelos Activity Badge Worksheets
- Webelos Den Leader
- Webelos Den Leader Award
- Fast Tracks on the Advancement Trail: BSA-produced den meeting plans
|New Leader Brochures:|
|Applications & Reports:|
|Medical Exam Forms:||Annual Health and Medical Record 34605||Age-Appropriate Guidelines|