Webelos Scout Adventures
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
<center><big> [[Webelos Activity Badges|Webelos Activity Badge]] (Pin) resources include the [[Webelos Activity Badge Worksheets]]<br> with the maps, charts, links, and checklists
<center><big> [[Webelos Activity Badges|Webelos Activity Badge]] (Pin) resources include the [[Webelos Activity Badge Worksheets]]<br> with the maps, charts, links, and checklists plus cross-references for related [[Cub Scout]] [[Belt Loops & Pins]] and [[Cub Scout Awards]]. </big></center><br>
Revision as of 14:40, January 13, 2009
with the maps, charts, links, and checklists you need plus cross-references
for related Cub Scout Belt Loops & Pins and Cub Scout Awards.
|Webelos Activity Badges|
Webelos Activity Badges are colorful metal emblems that may be pinned to the Webelos Colors or the Webelos cap (this is a per-Pack decision). The Activity Badges form the basis of the 18-month-long Webelos Scout Program.
Requirements are worked on during weekly den meetings, and the new skill is practiced at home and with the help of the boy's family. The requirements are either completed during the den meetings or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are then brought to meetings to share as well as to be approved by the Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor.
They are divided into 5 groups or 4 badges each: Physical Skills, Mental Skills, Community, Technology, and Outdoor. The Pin is awarded upon completion of the requirements.
| Webelos Activity Badge Worksheets|
Worksheets can help you organize notes, listen actively, find resources, and document your work.
Optional worksheets can help Scouts organize notes, listen actively, and document their work.
Worksheets also include the extra materials Webelos will need:
- Blank Maps
- Graph paper
- Links to online references
- ► Even free online video lessons of key skills
Click here for the Webelos Activity Badge Worksheets.
Click here for the Boy Scout Merit Badge Worksheets
How to Earn An Activity Badge
1. Learn the skills. During the activity badge period of the den meeting, Webelos Scouts receive instruction, practice what they've learned, and take part in games or contests using their new skills.
2. Complete the requirements. Webelos activity badge requirements are approved by the Webelos den leader or other designated person, such as an activity badge counselor. This step, which focuses on communication between a boy and an adult other than his parent, is a part of the program that helps prepare the Webelos Scouts for their Boy Scouting experience.
3. Receive the activity badge. The Webelos den leader makes certain that each boy receives the activity badges he has earned, promptly and with ceremony, in a pack meeting.
Physical Skills group
Mental Skills group
- * Fitness and Citizen are required for the Webelos Badge
- ** Outdoorsman and Readyman are required for the Arrow of Light award
Cub Scout Academics and Sports ProgramA number of Webelos Activity Badges require completion of a Cub Scout Belt Loop. There are also a number of overlaps between the requirements.
- Sportsman has a number of Belt Loop options: Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Bicycling, Bowling, Flag Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Skating, Marbles, Physical Fitness, Roller Skating, Snow Sports, Soccer, Softball, Table Tennis, Tennis, Ultimate, and Volleyball.
Earning Loops and Pins multiple times
|— Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide #34299B, p.4 and Cub Scout Leader Book, p. 31-1.|
The Webelos Colors is an optional yellow, red, and green emblem (use determined by the Pack) onto which the Webelos Activity Badges or Webelos & Arrow of Light Adventure Pinsmay be pinned. It is worn on the right sleeve immediately below and touching the U.S. flag if no Patrol patch is worn (covering the Den and Quality Unit insignia). If Patrol patch is worn, the colors are pinned under and touching the Patrol Patch.
Webelos Compass Emblem and Points
Webelos Scouts can earn the Compass Emblem and Compass Points once they have earned the Webelos rank badge. The emblem is awarded after earning seven activity badges (four more in addition to the three earned for the Webelos badge). For each four activity badges earned after that, a compass point device, one for each remaining cardinal direction, can be pinned on the on the emblem in the "E," "W," or "S" positions in any order chosen.
Worn suspended from the right pocket flap button.