|| A detailed summary of the 2008 Boy Scout Requirement Changes are now on MeritBadgeDotOrg, including updated links for recently changed Eagle Scout Award-related forms. (Once announced, BSA Rank changes become effective immediately.)
|| Technical difficulties. We're currently experiencing some technical difficulties -- this may be due to the MediaWiki software, the domain host, or some other problem. Please bear with us while we work to get the issue(s) resolved. —Thanks, the MBO Staff
Venturing is for young men and women who are 13 and have completed the eighth grade, or be 14 years of age and not yet 21. The year-round program provides positive experiences through exciting and meaningful youth-run activities that help them pursue their special interests, grow by teaching others, and develop leadership skills.
- Sea Scouting
- Sea Scouts is a specialized segment of the Venturing program, which was organized to address members' boating skills and promote knowledge of our maritime heritage. Swimming, lifesaving, first aid, Coast Guard Auxiliary Sailing and Seamanship, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation courses are taught with the ship by its officers.
Each program level award is divided into four areas, Adventure, Leadership, Service, Personal Growth.
Program Level Awards (new)
- Venturing Award -- Level 1: The first step in any journey is the courage to begin. At this level, the new crew member makes their commitment to join and move forward into the experience of Venturing.
- Discovery Award -- Level 2: The adventure of participating with the crew unfolds, and each Venturer begins to discover his or her interests and talents. As the Discovery Award recipients develop new skills and competencies, their eyes are opened and the world expands for them.
- Pathfinder Award -- Level 3: The Venturer’s capabilities and skills expand and with them come increased responsibility for defining their own way forward in life, service to others and formal planning and leadership of the crew toward its goals.
- Summit Award -- Level 4: The highest award of Venturing, the Summit Award, goes to those Venturers who have matured in their personal direction, skills, and life competencies, and who have accepted the responsibility to mentor others and serve their communities in a lasting way.
- Quest Award -- Focuses on the traditions of sportsmanship and lifelong fitness.
- TRUST Award -- Focuses on the principles of religion, community, and tolerance; its purpose is to provide a pathway for personal development in the forms of service and devotion to God.
- Ranger Award -- High-level outdoor/high adventure skills advancement program, training for the skills of an elite outdoorsman.
Purge cache to show recent changes