Venturing Advisor Award of Merit
|Venturing Advisor Award of Merit is discontinued. It has been replaced by Unit Leader Award of Merit. (See Discontinued awards.)|
One of the unique attributes of the Venturing program is the relationship between Venturers and the Crew Advisor. The ability to work effectively with young adults as they themselves plan and run the program is a true test of leadership skills. The Venturing Advisor Award of Merit is a key program enhancement to recognize crew Advisors for tenure, training, and quality crew program.
- 1. Be a currently registered Venturing Advisor who has served in that position for at least 18 months.
- 2. Complete Venturing Fast Start or New Leader Fast Start Orientation and Venturing Leader Specific Training.
- 3. Achieve the Centennial Quality Unit Award at least once while serving as Crew Advisor.
- 4. Demonstrate the use of the Venturing Awards program.
- 5. Develop youth leadership by effective use of crew officers.
- 6. Use the crew officer orientation and program planning process.
- 7. Have a proven positive relationship with the chartered organization and associated Boy Scout troop and Cub Scout pack, if any.
- 8. Project a positive image of Venturing in the community.
- 9. Attract and hold Venturers with crew program and operation.
- 10. Lead crew in completion of the Venturing Leadership Skills Course.
The Crew President in conjunction with the crew officers nominates the Crew Advisor. The nomination is approved by the crew committee chairman.
The nomination is then certified by the unit commissioner and submitted to the council service center.
The nomination is then approved by the Scout executive and council commissioner.
A color certificate with the recipient's name and signed by the Scout executive and council commissioner will be presented to the recipient.
A certificate, No. 33661, a cloth square knot, No. 05001, and a miniature Venturing device, No. 00940, are available from the local council service center. Presentation
It is recommended that the award be presented in a timely manner at an appropriate district or council function. It is also recommended that the recipient be recognized appropriately in the council newsletter and in local newspapers. Nomination Form
Use the following form to nominate a Venturing Advisor for the Award of Merit.
[The crew should submit this form and officer statement to the council service center.