m ((Reformatted "Archive" usage w/ (easier to copy-paste) MAGIC WORDS))
m (Added "/2012")
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
I, in trying to add a userbox, have created a few pages that are totally out of control. Is it possible for me to delete pages, or do the admins have to do it?--Stranger 16:04, January 2, 2008 (EST)
- Well, I thought you could... but, I guess not. Let me know what you need deleted. —RWSmith (Bureaucrat), 13:19, January 24, 2008 (EST)
SideBar too long
The search text box is located waaaaay down the sidebar. I think we can bring that search box up a bit more by removing the 2nd level indentation found in both navigation and jump page side bar. (thus removing the 2nd line feed for each 2nd-level indentation). Egberts 05:36, January 23, 2008 (EST)
Hi, I'm designing a website for my Troop. Many scouts in my troop complain about how they can never find MeritBadge.org. I don't know how this is because you type in MeritBadge.org and it pops you up in the wiki. But, I have decided to add a banner on the front page of our site and with the program I am using it requires client information for who the banner will link to and don't know who to put down for this. From what I have read in the external links policy this should be acceptable. I know our merit badge counselers use this site religiously for up-to-date merit badge requirements so I am also going to put in direct links to the merit badges we are working on at any given time for the scouts. Thanks for your time.--Wakleon 21:57, January 24, 2008 (EST)
RfA (Request for Adminship)
Hi RW, just thought I'd offer my help to you as a frequent user of Wikipedia. I have over 1000 edits on WP and have helped to quell numerous edit wars. I am very familiar with the Wiki format and I believe I'd be able to help with the prevention of vandalism as well as an asset to new, inexperienced users. I am an assistant scoutmaster with BSA T352 and and Eagle Scout, so I'd like to consider helping this web page as my "good turn daily" :-). Let me know what you think either on my talk page or here (I'll add it to my watch list). Thanks! Plm209(talk • contribs) 23:34, February 26, 2008 (EST)
This is a great idea! I am not quite grasping the implementation yet. Perhaps you are still developing your idea, so I will keep watching what you are doing. Let me know if you are seeking input. Scouterdennis 20:03, March 29, 2008 (EDT)
Hey! Sorry I know I haven't been very active on MBO. I've been insanely busy with school, but now I recently switched troops and it got me a lot more active in Scouting, so I'm here to tell you that I'm back and ready to work?
Shall I finish up that Discontinued Merit Badge List? Haha. --Swim4lyfe 18:19, April 15, 2008 (EDT)
- Welcome back. Take a look around; there have been many changes, lately. Jump in and help out where you want. —RWSmith (Bureaucrat), 15:56, April 16, 2008 (EDT)
- Sounds good. I apologize for not being active... It was junior year in high school so I had to work really hard to get my GPA up. I added some links and all on a few merit badge pages, and as I do more I'll add in links as I go along. I'm really looking forward to getting active with this site again! I'm going to Sea Base, Woodruff Scout Reservation, and Northern Tier this summer, so I'll be able to post stuff about them as well. --Swim4lyfe 16:46, April 16, 2008 (EDT)
Internal Error: The upload directory (public) is not writable by the webserver.
I'm trying to create a few userboxes that show that "This User has a Bronze Palm" or "This User has a Gold Palm and a Silver Palm" but I can't upload the images necessary. The error page says:
- Internal Error: The upload directory (public) is not writable by the webserver.
Any Idea what that means?--Stranger 18:43, July 5, 2008 (EDT)
- Thanks for the report... I'll look into this (as well as contact Optimist) and report back here. —RWSmith (Bureaucrat), 20:58, July 6, 2008 (EDT)