If you prefer to email me privately: Craig Lincoln
I see that you've undone a lot of what I did. Is there a reason that Mr. R's are being removed? And, is there a reason that the Worksheets page has been completely redone? I put a lot of time into that and it would have been courteous to have had some discussion over proposed changes. EagleForumFan 06:42, March 3, 2008 (EST)
- I apologize for any misunderstandings. Mr. R's content and links appear to not have been updated in several years. The requirements have changed since then. Meritbadge.org tries to only reference the current requriements. Many of links that are still viable have been added to meritbadge.org. If there are links that are missing from meritbadge.org, we should add them here.
- The reason for the updated worksheets is that most of the old worksheets contained wording that did not match the current requriements. The BSA is updating as many as 22-26 merit badges a year. Also, the new worksheets address formatting issues such as a need for increased line spacing to allow enough room for younger Scouts to write. Plus the new worksheets include a wealth of links to online content. 59 include video lessons to teach skills. These changes were made with direction of the site moderators. It was my understanding that the previous author had declined further updates. The "new" worksheets had originally been posted at usscout.org for years.
- The site moderators have asked that doc file formats no longer be used as this has allowed requirements to be altered. Again, sorry for any misundertstandings. - Craig (Milominderbinder2) 07:42, March 3, 2008 (CST)
- Thank you for the explanation. It was disconcerting to find so many changes without explanation. This makes perfect sense. EagleForumFan 01:04, March 5, 2008 (EST)
Activity Badges moved?
Could you please explain the rationale behind these changes?: Webelos Artist Activity Badge moved to Artist: To allow the Worksheet Template to work correctly and to be consistent with the Merit Badge nominclature. Scouterdennis 17:07, March 11, 2008 (EDT)
- The Worksheet template that the administrators asked to have installed on each Webelosnomenclature Activity Badge page requires that the page name match the worksheet pdf name. The page names for the merit badges are names like "Swimming". To be consistent (and to let the template work), Webelos Aquanaut Activity Badge needs to be Aquanaut.
- Another issue that this addresses is that other than you and me and about 10 other people, no one knows that Aquanaut is the Webelos Aquanaut Activity Badge. They want help with the Aquanaut Pin. They have never heard of an Aquanaut "Badge". The thing their son got at the Pack Meeting was a pin not a badge. Our links say "Aquanaut" for this reason.
- When you click Aquanaut, you will go to Aquanaut and the worksheets will work as well. If you want the Webelos Aquanaut Activity Badge page instead, it will redirect you. We are also standardizing the section headings to match the sections on the Boy Scout Merit Badge Sections. Hope that helps.Milominderbinder2 17:23, March 11, 2008 (EDT)
- Why not simply have "Aquanaut" redirect to "Webelos Aquanaut Activity Badge"? That way the article title would be descriptive (and also would be what the BSA calls them, their actual name) and people would still be able to find what they need. By your (their) reasoning, we should rename all of the Belt Loop articles, since no one would ever search for "Cub Scout Sports: Basketball".
- Who makes these decisions? Is there any discussion? Scouterdennis 06:53, March 12, 2008 (EDT)
You changed the Notes section of every Sports Belt Loop and Pin, so now they ALL read Badminton instead of the article name. Scouterdennis 06:45, March 12, 2008 (EDT)