Tiger Cub Den Leader Award
|Tiger Cub Den Leader Award|
Tiger Cub Den Leader Award Knot
Recognition awards are available to Cub Scout leaders who complete training, tenure, and performance requirements. These awards are presented by the local council. All of the awards require the completion of Fast Start Training, Basic Leader Training for the position, Youth Protection training, and participation in roundtables or a pow wow or University of Scouting. Some require additional supplemental training. One or two years of registered service in the appropriate position is a requirement for each award, and tenure used for one award may not be used for another.
In 2001, the Tiger Cub Den Leader Award replaced the Tiger Cub Coach Award, which had replaced the Tiger Cub Group Coach Award (which had been instituted in 1992). The Tiger Cub Coach Award neck ribbon was phased out when the the current award was instituted.
Tiger Cub Den Leader Award Requirements
- Complete one year as a registered Tiger Cub den leader.
- Complete "The New Tiger Cub Den Leader" Fast Start Training.
- Complete Basic Leader Training for Tiger Cub den leaders.
- Complete Youth Protection training.
- During your tenure for this award, participate in a Cub Scout leader pow wow or University of Scouting, or attend at least four roundtables.
Do all of the following:
- Help with a Tiger Cub roundup for your pack with at least five new Tiger Cub boy-adult partner teams recruited.
- Contact the host team each month and provide support as needed for one year.
- Coordinate Tiger Cub den participation in three pack activities.
- Graduate at least 60 percent of your Tiger Cubs into a Cub Scout den.
- Report on the progress of your Tiger Cub dens at 75 percent of pack leaders' meetings.