Tiger Den Leader
|Tiger Cub Den Leader|
The Tiger Cub den leader's responsibilities are to:
- Give leadership in carrying out the pack program in the den.
- Complete Tiger Cub den leader Fast Start Training and position-specific Basic Leader Training. Attend monthly roundtable meetings.
- Lead the den in its participation at Pack Meetings.
- Serve as den host or hostess for family members at the pack meetings.
- Work in harmony with other den and pack leaders.
- Help the Cubmaster (or assistant Cubmaster) and pack committee to recruit new boys.
- Coordinate shared leadership among the Tiger Cub adult partners in the den.
- Ensure that each Tiger Cub and his adult partner have the opportunity to be the host team, planning and executing the den activities, rotating responsibilities monthly.
- Make pack and den resources available to the host team, ensuring the completion of the den component of the Tiger Cub advancement requirements.
- Use Boys' Life and Scouting magazines, Cub Scout Program Helps, the Tiger Cub Handbook, and other Cub Scouting literature as sources for program ideas.
- Keep accurate records of den dues and attendance. Collect weekly den dues (optional) and turn them in to the pack treasurer at the monthly pack leaders' meetings.
- Maintain a friendly relationship with the Tiger Cubs and their adult partners.
- Encourage Tiger Cubs to earn advancement awards. Keep accurate advancement records and see that the boys receive recognition for their achievements.
- Stimulate the Tiger Cubs' imaginations on the program theme for the month, and work with the adult partners to prepare boys for participation in pack meetings.
- Promote the religious emblems program, as available to Tiger Cubs.
- Help the den and pack earn the [National Summertime Award|National Summertime Pack Award]].
- Take part in the annual pack program planning conference and pack leaders' meetings.
- Help set a good example for the boys through behavior, attitude, and proper uniforming.
- Help the Cubmaster or assistant Cubmaster provide a meaningful recognition ceremony for the transition of Tiger Cub dens as they enter Wolf dens at the end of the Tiger Cub year.
- Throughout the year, keep in mind the transition goal of moving the boys to the next level in Cub Scouting.
- Support the policies of the BSA.
- Is at least 21 years old, subscribes to the Declaration of Religious Principle, and agrees to abide by the Scout Oath or Promise and the Scout Law. Possesses the moral, educational, and emotional qualities that the Boy Scouts of America deems necessary to afford positive leadership to youth. Should be interested in and enjoy working with boys and be able to work with adults. Should be an experienced leader, but may be a parent or guardian of a boy in the den. Recommended by the Cubmaster after consultation with the parents and guardians of the Tiger Cubs involved, and approved by the pack committee and chartered organization. Registered as an adult leader of the BSA.
|Tiger Den Leader is discontinued. It has been replaced by Cub Scout Den Leader Award. (See Discontinued awards.)|
|Tiger Cub Den Leader Award|
Tiger Cub Den Leader Award Knot
The Tiger Den Leader is available to Tiger Cub Scout Den Leaders who complete training, tenure, and performance requirements. These awards are presented by the local council. All of the awards require the completion of Fast Start Training, Basic Leader Training for the position, Youth Protection training, and participation in roundtables or a pow wow or University of Scouting. Some require additional supplemental training. One or two years of registered service in the appropriate position is a requirement for each award, and tenure used for one award may not be used for another.
In 2001, the Tiger Cub Den Leader Award replaced the Tiger Cub Coach Award, which had replaced the Tiger Cub Group Coach Award (which had been instituted in 1992). The Tiger Cub Coach Award neck ribbon was phased out when the the current award was instituted.
Tiger Den Leader requirements
|Template:Tiger Den Leader/req|
|Cub Scout Leader portal|
- Nameplates - Official BSA Name plates for your uniforms.
- Boy Scouts of America: Cub Scout Leader Recognition Awards
- Progress Record for the Tiger Cub Den Leader Award
- Tiger Cub Den Meeting Programs
- Tiger Cub Den Record
- Tiger Cub Attendance & Dues
- Tiger Cub Den Advancement Report
- Individual Tiger Cub Record