|Textile merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||110|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2003|
| A FREE workbook for Textile is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- 3b: How to Make a Cardboard Box Loom
- 3c: is can be done while taking the field trip required in 3a.
- 3d: Use Old Wool Sweaters and Blankets to Make Felt
- 3e: Making Natural Dyes from Plants Works great with white cotton t-shirts. Rubber band clumps of the shirt in various places to make it tie-dye.
- 4: Resil's Textile Dictionary
- 5: The Textile Industry: History and Health and Safety A good overall resource, with a substantial section on the environmental concerns.
- 6: Careers in the Textile Industry A nice listing from Buffalo State University.
General Merit Badge information
- An Introduction to Merit Badges – how to get started, who chooses the counselor, etc.
- Merit Badge Application – offers online resources to let you print "Blue Cards," etc.
- Additionally: List of Merit Badges by Field of Study – Merit Badge Pamphlets & Libraries