lesson videos showing Outdoor Skills, and First Aid Skills plus Merit Badges, and Scout Awards links.
Troop resources include the Advancement Campout and monthly Troop Program Themes.
|The Tenderfoot rank requirements were revised effective January 1, 2008.|
Tenderfoot rank requirements
| A FREE workbook for Tenderfoot rank is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- "The requirements for Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class ranks may be worked on simultaneously; however, these ranks must be earned in sequence."
- Alternate Requirements for the Tenderfoot rank are available for Scouts with qualifying physical or mental disabilities.
- The Advancement Campout includes all of the camping, cooking, first aid, and hiking skills through First Class.
- BSA Videos: The BSA Video: Skills Lessons are excellent but are large files that require Apple QuickTime.
- Most Links provide a number of resources including videos from the Outdoor Skills, Swimming Skills, and First Aid Skills.
1. BSA Video: Overnight camping gear TF1.m4v - Outdoor Checklists - Packing a Backpack - Clothing - Outdoor Gear - Footwear - Sleeping Bags - Sleeping Pads
2. BSA Video: Help pitch a tent TF2.m4v - Tent Setup
3. BSA Video: Help cook a meal TF3.m4v - Cooking Skills - Backpacking Stoves
4. Knots: BSA Video: Whip a rope TF4a.m4v - Whipping and Fusing - BSA Video: Knots TF4b.m4v - Taut-Line Hitch - Two Half Hitches
- Animated Knots: Basic Scout Knots - Forty Scout knots - Special Knots - Sailing knots - Fishing knots - Folsoms Knots - Animatedknots.com - Great Animations - More Animated Knots - More great Animated Knots - Still more - Knot Videos - Basics Videos - Basics2
- Other Knot Links: Advanced knots - Ropers Knots Page - Climbing Knots - Fishing knots - Knots Index
5. BSA Video: Safe hiking TF5.m4v - Hiking Skills - Navigation - Navigation Without a Compass
6. BSA Video: American flag TF6.m4v - Flag Ceremonies
7. BSA Video: Scout Oath, Law, motto, and slogan TF7.m4v - Scout Oath - Scout Law - Scout Motto - Scout Slogan
8. BSA Video: Patrol name, flag, and yell TF8.m4v - Patrol
9. BSA Video: Buddy system TF9.m4v - Buddy System - BSA: Bullying Prevention and Intervention Tips for Scout Leaders and Parents
10. Fitness: BSA Video: Fitness TF10a.m4v - BSA Video: Fitness improvements TF10b.m4v
- Rules, etiquette, equipment, diagram of playing area:
- Baseball - Basketball - Field Hockey - Football - Ice Hockey - Lacrosse - Soccer - Softball - Tennis - Volleyball
- Unauthorized Sports: Boxing, Karate & "Related Martial Arts" (excepting judo, aikido, and tai chi), Parachuting, Motorized events (motorbikes, drag racing, speedboats), Paintball, Hunting, Parasailing, etc.
11-12. First Aid:
11. BSA Video: Poisonous plants TF11.m4v - Poisonous Plants
12a. BSA Video: Heimlich maneuver TF12a.m4v - Choking
12b. BSA Video: First aid TF12b.m4v - Cuts and Scratches - Blisters - Burns - Bites and Stings - Snakebite - Nosebleed - Frostbite - Sunburn
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See First Aid Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: First Aid Merit Badge Pamphlet - First Aid Kit - Emergency Kit - Guide to Safe Scouting - Physcial
13. BSA Video: Scout spirit TF13.m4v - What does Scout Spirit really mean? (It's not what you do in your troop!)
14. BSA Video: Scoutmaster conference TF14.m4v - Scoutmaster Conference - Explains that you don't "pass" a Scoutmaster Conference and how to appeal.
15. BSA Video: Board of review TF15.m4v - Board of Review - What can they ask? How long can it be? Is the uniform really required? How do you appeal?
|Boy Scout portal|
|Varsity Scout portal|
1-5: Outdoor Skills Awards
10: Fitness is a great way to start Personal Fitness Merit Badge
|Personal development-related awards
11-12: Emergency Preparedness Awards
|Emergency Preparedness-related awards
- Skills Instruction and Videos: First Aid Skills - Swimming - Outdoor Skills - Wilderness Survival - Backpacking - Cooking - Navigation - Campfires - Clothing - Cycling Skills