- Have a knowledge of incubators, foster-mothers, sanitary fowl houses, coops and runs.
- Understand, through experience, rearing, feeding, killing and dressing birds for market.
- Be able to candle and pack eggs for market, describe the differences, in candling, which distinguish the bad eggs from the good; and tell how eggs are graded.
- Raise a brood of not less than 10 chickens.
- Report his observation and study of the hen, turkey, duck and goose.
- Comply with the 4-H Club or Home Project Project Requirements in Poultry Management.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Boy Scout Handbook, 1948 Edition