- February 8, 1910 – Boy Scouts of America founded in Washington, D.C., by W. D. Boyce.
- Scout Sunday/Sabbath – The Boy Scouts of America designates the Sunday that falls on or precedes February 8 as Scout Sunday. However, some chartered organizations celebrate on another day. For instance, the Presbyterian Church and United Methodist Church celebrate Scout Sunday on the second Sunday of February so as to not conflict with Communion Sunday and in the Jewish faith Scout Sabbath is celebrated on the Saturday after February 8 as Scouting Anniversary Day.
- February 22, 1857 – Birth of Lord Robert Stephen Baden-Powell, "BP", the founder of Scouting.
- February 22, 1889 – Birth of Olave Baden-Powell, wife of "BP", World Chief Guide.
- February 28, 2008 – First World Scout Winter Games