| This article is transcluded into another article, potentially several articles.|
Please take this into consideration and be cautious when editing.
Venturing awards officially changed at the time of the BSA National Annual Meeting, May 21-23, 2014. Beginning June 1, 2014, Venturers may begin using the new program level awards. The basic advancement awards will be discontinued Dec 31, 2014. Current Venturers, regardless of their current achievement level, should begin with level 2, the Discovery award. New Venturers should begin with level 1, the Venturing award. The new program level awards are divided into four areas, Adventure, Leadership, Service, Personal Growth.
Program Level Awards (new)
- Venturing Award -- Level 1: The first step in any journey is the courage to begin. At this level, the new crew member makes their commitment to join and move forward into the experience of Venturing.
- Discovery Award -- Level 2: The adventure of participating with the crew unfolds, and each Venturer begins to discover his or her interests and talents. As the Discovery Award recipients develop new skills and competencies, their eyes are opened and the world expands for them.
- Pathfinder Award -- Level 3: The Venturer’s capabilities and skills expand and with them come increased responsibility for defining their own way forward in life, service to others and formal planning and leadership of the crew toward its goals.
- Summit Award -- Level 4: The highest award of Venturing, the Summit Award, goes to those Venturers who have matured in their personal direction, skills, and life competencies, and who have accepted the responsibility to mentor others and serve their communities in a lasting way.
Expert-level Awards (continue unchanged)
- Quest Award -- Focuses on the traditions of sportsmanship and lifelong fitness.
- TRUST Award -- Focuses on the principles of religion, community, and tolerance; its purpose is to provide a pathway for personal development in the forms of service and devotion to God.
- Ranger Award -- High-level outdoor/high adventure skills advancement program, training for the skills of an elite outdoorsman.
Other Awards (continue unchanged)
- Quartermaster Award may be earned by Venturers or Sea Scouts.
Basic Advancement Awards (old)
Venturing members must have earned these awards by Dec 31, 2014, at which point they will be discontinued.