|Serving as Team Secretary can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
The Team Secretary is the record-keeping youth leader in the Varsity Scout team. The Team Secretary is equivalent to the Scribe in a Boy Scout troop, but unlike a Scribe, the Team Secretary conducts all boards of review for team members' advancement except Eagle. At the discretion of the Team Coach, faithful service in this position may also qualifies the Team Secretary for primary leadership as Advancement Program Manager.
The Team Secretary keeps the team records. He is a non-voting member of the Team Leadership council, records the activities of the team leadership meeting and keeps a record of dues, advancement, religious award progress, and Varsity Scout attendance at team meetings. He is appointed by the captain and usually serves a 6- or 12-month term.
- Assist the Team Captain by fulfilling assignments and taking meeting notes.
- Fulfill assignments by the Team Coach.
- Record individual Varsity Scout attendance and dues payments.
- Record individual Varsity Scout advancement progress, and keep the advancement progress board current.
- Work with the team committee member responsible for records and finance.
- Maintain the team roster.
- Keep Religious Emblems award progress records.
- Serve as an advancement program manager by encouraging awards and advancement.
- Maintain team records for Eagle and Denali trail.
- Coordinate activities with other advancement program managers.
- Conduct boards of review for team members earning Tenderfoot, Second Class, First Class, Star Rank, Life Rank, and the Denali Award.
- Set a good example of the ideals of Scouting.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
The Team Secretary is the record-keeping youth leader in its unit. Other record-keeping youth leaders are:
- Scribe - Boy Scouting
- Team Secretary - Varsity Scouting
- Crew Secretary - Venturing
- Yeoman - Sea Scouting
- Secretary - Exploring
|Varsity Scout portal|