| Team Coach
The Varsity Scout Team Coach is the adult responsible for working directly with the Varsity Scouts to help them create the program for the team. The team coach trains boy leaders to run the team by providing direction, coaching, and support.
- Trains and guides boy leaders.
- Works with other responsible adults to bring Varsity Scouting to boys.
- Uses the methods of Scouting to achieve the aims of Scouting.
- Can be male or female, but must be at least 21 years of age.
- Is appointed by the head of the chartered organization.
|| I had stipulated that the position of Scoutmaster was to be neither that of a schoolmaster nor of a commander Officer, but rather that of an elder brother among his boys, not detached or above them individually, able to inspire their efforts and to suggest new diversions when his finger on their pulse told him the attraction of any present craze was wearing off.
|— Robert Baden-Powell, Lessons from the Varsity of Life, 1933
The Team Coach is the key youth-facing adult leader in the unit. Other key unit adult leaders are: