Special Knots, and Advanced Knots, for Wolf, Bear, Webelos, Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class.
|Names||Taut-line hitch, Adjustable hitch, Rigger's Hitch, Midshipman's Hitch, Tent-line hitch, Tent hitch|
|Related||Two half-hitches, Rolling hitch, Trucker's hitch|
|— Boy Scout Handbook p. 37|
- Required for
- Webelos Outdoorsman #11. Demonstrate setting up a tent or dining fly using two half-hitches and a taut-line hitch. Show how to tie a square knot and explain how it is used.
- Tenderfoot #4b. Demonstrate you know how to tie the following knots and tell what their uses are: two half hitches and the taut-line hitch.
- Small-Boat Sailing #7a: Square (Reef) knot - Clove hitch - Two half-hitches - Bowline - Cleat hitch - Figure Eight
- Loop over the top and pull through the hole to make a Half hitch.
- Loop over the top and through the hole again.
- One last Half hitch on the outside.
- Pull tight.
- Lesson Videos
- Grog's Animated Knots: Rolling Hitch - Wonder How To Video: Rolling Hitch Knot - Wonder How To Video: Tautline Hitch Knot - Wonder How To Video: Tautline Hitch Knot For Camping - Video: Taut Line Hitch - Video: Uses for a Taut Line Hitch - Video: Taught Line Hitch Knots
- The Taut-Line Hitch is one of the Forty Knots.
- See also