The Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
- Show the signals used by officials in one of these football, basketball, baseball, soccer, or hockey.
- Explain what good sportsmanship means.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn Cub Scout Sports belt loops for two individual sports (Badminton, Bicycling, Bowling, Fishing, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Skating, Marbles, Physical Fitness, Roller Skating, Snow Ski and Board Sports, Swimming, Table Tennis, or Tennis).
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn Cub Scouting Sports belt loops for two team sports (Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Ultimate, or Volleyball).
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Webelos Handbook, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Sportsman is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association
- Centers for Disease Control: Fit Family Fit Kids
- Fitness for Kids
- International Food Information Council Foundation
- National Athletic Trainer's Association
- American Council on Exercise
- American Sport Education Program
- Institute for International Sport
- National Youth Sports Safety Foundation
- ExpertVillage Exercise Videos: