| Senior Patrol Leader
The Senior Patrol Leader is the youth head of the troop. All other youth positions report to him, directly or indirectly. He is elected by the troop's youth members as a whole, usually to serve a 6- or 12-month term.
- Runs all troop meetings, events, activities, and the annual program planning conference.
- Runs the Patrol Leaders' Council (PLC) meetings.
- Appoints other troop junior leaders with the advice and counsel of the Scoutmaster.
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to junior leaders.
- Assists the Scoutmaster with junior leader training.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
The Senior Patrol Leader is top youth leader in its unit. Other top youth leaders are: