Senior Patrol Leader
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
|— Scoutmaster Handbook p. 13|
|Serving as Senior Patrol Leader can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
|Senior Patrol Leader|
The Senior Patrol Leader is the youth head of the troop. All other youth positions report to him, directly or indirectly. He is elected by the troop's youth members as a whole, usually to serve a 6- or 12-month term.
- Runs all troop meetings, events, activities, and the annual program planning conference.
- Runs the Patrol Leaders' Council (PLC) meetings.
- Appoints other troop junior leaders with the advice and counsel of the Scoutmaster.
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to junior leaders.
- Assists the Scoutmaster with junior leader training.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
The Senior Patrol Leader is top youth leader in its unit. Other top youth leaders are:
- Senior Patrol Leader - Boy Scouting
- Captain - Varsity Scouting
- Crew President - Venturing
- Boatswain - Sea Scouting
- Post President - Exploring
|Boy Scout portal|
- Ranks requiring a Positions of Responsibility
- Star Rank #5 "While a First Class Scout, serve actively 4 months in one or more of the following positions..."
- Life Rank #5 "While a Star Scout, serve actively 6 months in one or more of the positions of responsibility..."
- Eagle Scout Rank #4 "While a Life Scout, serve actively for a period of 6 months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility..." (reduced list)
- See also: National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) - a fun, six-day outdoor learning course.
- 36 BSA Monthly Troop Programs with Troop Meeting Plans (free & online), Printed: Vol I - Vol II - Vol III - Resources
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) - Troop Meeting Planner - Campfire Planner - Resource Survey - Troop Committee Challenge
- Senior Patrol Leaders Handbook - Patrol Leaders Handbook - Scoutmaster Handbook - BSA Nameplates