Boy Scout Scout Badge requirement resources include the Scout Badge Worksheet ,
lesson videos showing Outdoor Skills, and First Aid Skills plus Merit Badges, and Scout Awards links.
Troop resources include the Advancement Campout and monthly Troop Program Themes.
A boy must complete the Boy Scout Joining Requirements (Scout Badge) to be a Boy Scout.
| Scout Badge
|| Your son can be a Scout if he has completed the fifth grade and is at least 10 years old or is age 11 or has earned the Arrow of Light Award and is at least 10 years old, but has not reached age 18.
- Complete the application (sign your name, indicating approval).
- Give the completed application and fees to the Scoutmaster.
- Secure a copy of the Boy Scout Handbook and complete the joining requirements as listed.
|— Youth Application #28-406
The troop or team leader signs the Youth Application #28-406 when the boy has completed the Boy Scout Joining (Scout Badge) Requirements:
Scout Badge requirements
- Meet the age requirements. Be a boy who is 11 years old, or one who has completed the fifth grade or earned the Arrow of Light Award and is at least 10 years old, but is not yet 18 years old.
- Find a Scout troop near your home.
- Complete a Boy Scout application and health history signed by your parent or guardian.
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handshake.
- Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath, Scout Law, motto, slogan, and the Outdoor Code.
- Describe the Scout badge.
- Complete the pamphlet exercises. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet "How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide".
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference. Turn in your Boy Scout application and health history form signed by your parent or guardian, then participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Boy Scout Requirements, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
2. New Youth Application: English and Spanish
3. Find a Scout troop near your home. Find your local council.
4. Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- "I pledge allegiance to the flag
- of the United States of America
- and to the republic for which it stands,
- one nation under God,
- indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
5. See the Scout Badge Workbook for diagrams of the Scout sign, salute, and handshake.
6. See Square Knot and the Scout Badge Workbook for step-by-step diagrams for tying a square knot.
7. Scout Oath or Promise - Scout Law - motto - slogan - Outdoor Code
8. See the Scout Badge Workbook for the diagram of the Scout badge.
9. "How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide"
10: Scoutmaster Conference - Explains that you don't "pass" a Scoutmaster Conference.