|Scientist has been discontinued. (See Discontinued awards.)|
The Scientist Activity Badge will teach some of the basic laws of science and how to demonstrate them.
And do six of these:
1. Bernoulli's Principle - pp. 404-6
- The pressure of a moving gas decreases as its speed increases.
2. Pascal's Law - pp. 406-7
- If a liquid is in a closed container, pressure in every direction will be the same.
3. Newton's first law of motion - p. 407-9
- An object at rest tends to stay at rest until an outside force moves it. An object in motion continues to move at a constant speed in a straight line unless an outside force acts on it.
4. Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Science
5. Atmospheric pressure - pp. 409-12
6. Air pressure - pp. 412-3
7. Water pressure - pp. 414-6
8. Model rocket - Newton's third law of motion - pp. 407, 417-8
9. Fog - pp. 419-20
10. Crystals - pp. 421
11. Center of gravity - balancing tricks - pp. 422-3
12. Show how your eyes work together - optical illusion - pp. 424-8
13. Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Weather
14. Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Astronomy
|— Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide #34299B, p.4 and Cub Scout Leader Book, p. 31-1.|
|Webelos Den Leader portal|
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- American Chemical Society
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics