The Webelos Scholar Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
- With your parent, guardian, or Webelos den leader, complete the Positive Attitude Character Connection.
- a. Know: Discuss with your parent, guardian, or your Webelos den leader, what it means to have a positive attitude and the "BEST" steps you can take to have a positive attitude. (Believe it can happen, Expect success, Set your mind, and Try, try, try.)
- b. Commit: Plan with your parent or guardian, or your Webelos den leader, how you will apply the "BEST" steps for a positive attitude in doing your school-work and in other areas of your life.
- c. Practice: Do your "BEST" to have a cheerful and positive attitude while doing the requirements for this activity badge.
And do three of these:
- Have a good record in attendance, behavior, and grades at school.
- Take an active part in a school activity or service.
- Discuss with your teacher or principal the value of getting an education.
- List in writing some important things you can do now because of what you've learned in school.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Language.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, and if you have not earned it for another activity badge, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Mathematics.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Chess.
And do three of these:
- Trace through history the different kinds of schools. Tell how our present public school system grew out of these early schools.
- Make a chart showing how your school system is run.
- Ask a parent and five other grown-ups these questions:
- What do you think are the best things about my school?
- What could be done to improve it?
- Tell what you think were the best answers and why?
- List and explain some of the full-time positions in the field of education.
- Help another student with schoolwork. Tell what you did to help.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Webelos Handbook, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
Personal Development Awards