and cross-references for related Cub Scout belt loops & pins and Cub Scout awards.
|The Webelos Readyman activity badge helps prepare Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout First Aid and Emergency Preparedness merit badge(s).|
The Webelos Readyman Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
Do all of these:
And do two of these:
| A FREE workbook for Readyman is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- The Webelos Program uses the Fast Tracks Den Meeting plans to offer all 20 Webelos Activity Badges in as little as 12 months.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
1. Explain what first aid is. Tell what you should do after an accident.
2. Explain how you can get help quickly if there is an emergency in your home. Make a "help list" of people or agencies that can help you if you need it. Post it near a phone or in another place with easy access.
3. Heimlich maneuver
4. Serious bleeding Stopped breathing Internal poisoning Heart attack
6. Cuts and scratches Burns and scalds Choking Blisters Tick bites Insect bites and stings Snakebite Nosebleed Frostbite Sunburn
7. Safe Swim Defense – Buddy System
9. Bicycle Safety - six safety rules
10. Explain the importance of wearing safety equipment when participating in sports activities (skating, skateboarding, etc.)
11. Make a home fire escape plan for your family.
12. First Aid Kit
13. Tell where accidents are most likely to happen inside and around your home.
14. Explain six safety rules you should remember when riding in a car.
15. Boy Scout Troop Meeting - including finding a troop near you.
- Readyman Requirement 5 can help prepare you for Second Class Rank Requirement 6a.
- Readyman Requirement 5 (Heart Attack) can help prepare you for First Class Rank Requirement 8b.
- Readyman Requirement 6 can help prepare you for Second Class Rank Requirement 6b & 6c.
- Readyman Requirement 7 can help prepare you for Tenderfoot Rank Requirement 12b.
- Readyman Requirement 8 can help prepare you for Second Class Rank Requirement 7a.
Emergency Preparedness Awards
|Emergency Preparedness-related awards
|Webelos Den Leader portal|
- First Aid Links
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See First Aid Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: First Aid Merit Badge Pamphlet - First Aid Kit - Emergency Kit - Guide to Safe Scouting - Physcial
- Boy Scout First Aid Merit Badge
- Webelos Webelos Readyman
- Boy Scout Emergency Preparedness Merit Badge