- For the Sea Scout rank, see Quartermaster Award
The Quartermaster is to maintain the troop's equipment in good condition; to create and update inventories of said equipment, and to issue and collect it when necessary.
- Keep records on patrol and troop equipment.
- Keep equipment in good repair.
- Issue equipment and see that it is returned in good order.
- Suggest new or replacement items.
- Work with the troop committee member responsible for equipment.
- Regularly attends troop meetings, troop campouts, and troop events during his service period.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically wear the Scout Uniform correctly.
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law and the OA Obligation .
- Shows Scout spirit