|Public Speaking merit badge
| BSA Advancement ID:
| Requirements revision:
| Latest pamphlet revision:
Public Speaking requirements
- Give a three- to five-minute introduction of yourself to an audience such as your troop, class at school, or some other group.
- Prepare a three- to five-minute talk on a topic of your choice that incorporates body language and visual aids.
- Give an impromptu talk of at least two minutes, either as part of a group discussion or before your counselor. Use a subject selected by your counselor that is interesting to you but that is not known to you in advance and for which you do not have time to prepare.
- Select a topic of interest to your audience. Collect and organize information about this topic and prepare an outline. Write an eight- to 10-minute speech, practice it, then deliver it in the conversational way.
- Show you know parliamentary procedure by leading a discussion or meeting according to accepted rules of order; or by answering questions on the rules of order.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Boy Scout Requirements, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- This badge is one of the elective merit badges of the William T. Hornaday Awards for Boy Scouts.
- Citizenship and Communicating Awards
Template:Citizenship Awards Links