Merit badge requirements
- 1. Give a three- to five-minute introduction of yourself to an audience such as your troop, class at school, or some other group.
- 2. Prepare a three- to five-minute talk on a topic of your choice that incorporates body language and visual aids.
- 3. Give an impromptu talk of at least two minutes, either as part of a group discussion or before your counselor. Use a subject selected by your counselor that is interesting to you but that is not known to you in advance and for which you do not have time to prepare.
- 4. Select a topic of interest to your audience. Collect and organize information about this topic and prepare an outline. Write an eight- to 10-minute speech, practice it, then deliver it in the conversational way.
- 5. Show you know parliamentary procedure by leading a discussion or meeting according to accepted rules of order; or by answering questions on the rules of order.
Source: 2007 Boy Scout Requirements (33215)
Help with these requirements
9http://srpln.msstate.edu/seal/03curriculum/organizing/pp/lesson.htm Using Parliamentary Procedure] A lesson plan from Mississippi State University's extension program
Parliamentary Procedure Online Includes a tutorial and quizzes.