(→Help with these requirements)
m (1 revision)
Revision as of 19:20, April 24, 2008
|Public Speaking merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2002|
Public Speaking requirements
- 1. Give a three- to five-minute introduction of yourself to an audience such as your troop, class at school, or some other group.
- 2. Prepare a three- to five-minute talk on a topic of your choice that incorporates body language and visual aids.
- 3. Give an impromptu talk of at least two minutes, either as part of a group discussion or before your counselor. Use a subject selected by your counselor that is interesting to you but that is not known to you in advance and for which you do not have time to prepare.
- 4. Select a topic of interest to your audience. Collect and organize information about this topic and prepare an outline. Write an eight- to 10-minute speech, practice it, then deliver it in the conversational way.
- 5. Show you know parliamentary procedure by leading a discussion or meeting according to accepted rules of order; or by answering questions on the rules of order.
1. This badge is one of the elective merit badges of the William T. Hornaday Awards for Boy Scouts.
Using Parliamentary Procedure A lesson plan from Mississippi State University's extension program.
Parliamentary Procedure Online Includes a tutorial and quizzes.