|Plumbing merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2004|
Merit badge requirements
- 1. Do the following:
- a. Describe how a properly working plumbing system protects our family's health and safety.
- b. List five important local health regulations related to plumbing and tell how they protect health and safety.
- c. Describe the safety precautions you must take when making home plumbing repairs.
- 2. Do the following:
- a. Make a drawing and explain how a home hot- and cold- water supply system works. Tell how you would make it safe from freezing.
- b. Make a drawing and explain the drainage system of the plumbing in a house. Show and explain the use of drains and vents.
- 3. Show how to use five important plumber's tools.
- 4. Identify and describe the use of each of the following: washer, retaining nut, plunger (rubber force cup), solder, flux, elbow, tee, nipple, coupling, plug, union, trap, drainpipe, and water meter.
- 5. Name the kinds of pipe that are used most often in a plumbing system. Explain why these pipes are used.
- 6. Cut, thread, and connect two pieces of steel pipe.
- 7. Under the supervision of a knowledgeable adult, solder three copper tube connections using a gas torch. Include one tee, two straight pieces, and one coupling.
- 8. Do the following:
- a. Replace a washer in a faucet.
- b. Clean out a sink or lavatory trap.
Source: 2007 Boy Scout Requirements (33215)
| A FREE workbook for Plumbing is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.