|| The Physical Fitness Award can be earned at all levels of Scouting.
| Physical Fitness Award
This patch is worn as a temporary emblem
on the right pocket of the uniform
|Level:||Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers,|
Varsity Scouts, Scouters
The Physical Fitness Award is part of a BSA program of emphasis for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers, and Leaders.
Physical Fitness Award requirements
- Complete a cardiovascular fitness evaluation/consultation with your personal health care provider. (This can be done as part of the examination required by any council-approved class 3 medical evaluation.)
- Using the BSA references listed after the seven major components, give a presentation to a BSA or other community youth group (at least eight youth participants) on cardiovascular fitness, diet, the health benefits of regular aerobic exercise, exercise recommendation for the Scout-age group, and healthy lifestyles.
- Review the BSA guidelines for the Athletics and other physical activity or personal fitness-oriented merit badge and explain steps you have taken to follow each of the guidelines for the fitness goals. Explain precautions to be taken for a physical fitness activity in each of the following: woods, fields, facilities, and waterfront.
- Explain to your mentor the symptoms of dehydration and hypothermia. Explain the special considerations for preventing dehydration and hypothermia.
- Properly outfit for physical activities with proper equipment, clothing, and footwear. Know your own capabilities and limitations. Illustrate how you would prepare for the physical fitness goals included in the award program.
- With supervision from your mentor or other qualified persons, set up a fitness goal-oriented plan using the seven major components of fitness.
- Demonstrate your ability to improve your strength, posture, endurance, agility, speed, accuracy, and balance with your own goal-oriented fitness plan.
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
1: BSA Annual Health and Medical Record has replaced the Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3 Physicals
2. Presentation resources: