- Explain the proper safety procedures to follow when preparing surfaces and applying coatings.
- Do the following:
- a. Explain three ways that coatings can improve a surface.
- b. Explain the differences between oil-based paints, Acrylic-based paints, and water-based paints.
- c. Explain where you would apply enamel paint, flat paint, wood stain, and varnish, and explain the importance of sheen.
- d. Tell why each is best for these uses.
- Prepare and paint two different surfaces using patching material, caulking, and the proper primers and topcoats. Suggested projects include an interior or exterior wall, a door, a piece of furniture, a concrete wall or floor , a porch rail, or a fence. Your counselor must preapprove the projects.
- Prepare and paint an item using harmonizing colors that you have selected using the color wheel in this book.
- Show the right way to use, clean, maintain, and store painting equipment.
- Explain the importance of ladder safety, environmental responsibility, and personal hygiene when painting.
- Explain some of the environmental and health issues concerning removing paint, applying paint, and discarding old paint.
- Find out about career opportunities in the paint industry. Discuss the training and experience required, and explain why this profession might interest you.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Boy Scout Requirements, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.