The Webelos Outdoorsman Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
This Activity Badge is required for the Arrow of Light award.
Do two of these:
- 1. Present yourself to your Webelos den leader, properly dressed, as you would be for an overnight campout. Show the camping gear you will use. Show the right way to pack and carry it.
- 2. With your family or Webelos den, help plan and take part in an evening outdoor activity that includes a campfire.
- 3. With your parent or guardian, take part in a Webelos den overnight campout or a family campout. Sleep in a tent that you have helped pitch.
- 4. With your parent or guardian, camp overnight with a Boy Scout troop. Sleep in a tent that you have helped pitch.
And do five of these:
- 5. During a Webelos den meeting, discuss how to follow the Leave No Trace Frontcountry Guidelines during outdoor activities.
- 6. Participate in an outdoor conservation project with your Webelos den or a Boy Scout troop.
- 7. Discuss with your Webelos den leader the rules of outdoor fire safety. Using these rules, show how to build a safe fire and put it out.
- 8. With your accompanying adult on a campout or outdoor activity, assist in preparing, cooking, and cleanup for one of your den's meals. Tell why it is important for each den member to share in meal preparation and cleanup, and explain the importance of eating together.
- 9. Discuss with your Webelos den leader the things that you need to take on a hike. Go on one 3-mile hike with your Webelos den or a Boy Scout troop.
- 10. Demonstrate how to whip and fuse the ends of a rope.
- 11. Demonstrate setting up a tent or dining fly using two half hitches and a taut-line hitch. Show how to tie a square knot and explain how it is used.
- 12. Visit a nearby Boy Scout camp with your Webelos den.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Webelos Handbook, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Outdoorsman is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Camping Merit Badge
- Boy Scout Ranks
- Outdoorsman Requirement 1 can help prepare you for Tenderfoot #1.
- Outdoorsman Requirement 4 can help prepare you for Tenderfoot #2.
- Outdoorsman Requirement 9 can help prepare you for Tenderfoot #5.
- Outdoorsman Requirement 10 can help prepare you for Tenderfoot #4a.
- Outdoorsman Requirement 11 can help prepare you for Scout Badge #6 and Tenderfoot #4b.
- Outdoorsman Requirement 7 can help prepare you for Second Class #2e.
- Outdoorsman Requirement 8 can help prepare you for Second Class #2g.
- ExpertVillage Online Videos: