(Difference between revisions)
m (add period)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
As an American, I will do my best
clean in my outdoor manners
careful with fire,
considerate in the outdoorsand
Revision as of 13:06, February 20, 2008
As an American, I will do my best to—
- Be clean in my outdoor manners.
- I will treat the outdoors as a heritage. I will take care of it
for myself and others. I will keep my trash and garbage out of lakes, streams, fields, woods, and roadways.
- Be careful with fire.
- I will prevent wildfire. I will build my fires only when and where they are appropriate. When I have finished using a fire, I will make sure it is cold out. I will leave a clean fire ring, or remove all evidence of my fire.
- Be considerate in the outdoors.
- I will treat public and private property with respect. I will follow the principles of Leave No Trace for all outdoor activities.
- Be conservation-minded.
- I will learn about and practice good conservation of soil, waters, forests, minerals, grasslands, wildlife, and energy. I will urge others to do the same.