| Order of the Arrow Troop Representative |
Order of the Arrow Team Representative
The Order of the Arrow Troop Representative and the Order of the Arrow Team Representative are a youth liaison between the local Order of the Arrow (OA) lodge or chapter.
The Order of the Arrow Representative from a Boy Scout troop or Varsity Scout team is a youth liaison between the local OA lodge or chapter. He coordinates service opportunities, unit elections, camp promotions, and inductions within the unit with the local OA lodge or chapter. He may request lodge and chapter resources to help meet the needs of his unit.
In his unit, he helps meet the needs of the unit and will serve as a communication and programmatic link to and from Arrowmen, adult leaders and Scouts who are not presently members of the Order. He will do this in a fashion that strengthens the mission of the lodge, purpose of the Order and the mission of the Boy Scouts of America. By setting a good example, he will enhance the image of the Order as a service arm to his unit.
He must be a registered member of the Order of the Arrow in good standing with both the Lodge and/or Chapter and the unit.
- Serves as a communication link between the lodge or chapter and the troop or team.
- Encourages year round and resident camping in the unit.
- Encourages older Scout participation in high adventure programs.
- Encourages Scouts to actively participate in community service projects.
- Assists with leadership skills training in the unit.
- Encourages Arrowmen to assume leadership positions in the unit.
- Encourages Arrowmen in the unit to be active participants in the lodge and/or chapter activities and to seal their membership in the Order by becoming Brotherhood members.
- Regularly attends troop meetings, troop campouts, and troop/team events during his service period.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law and the OA Obligation.
- Shows Scout spirit.
Working with the adult OA Advisor
As with all positions in the Order, the unit OA representative should have an adult advisor. This adult needs to be 21 years of age or older, a due-paid member of the Order of the Arrow, and appointed by the troop Scoutmaster or the Varsity Team Coach