Mile Swim BSA
|Mile Swim BSA|
The Mile Swim BSA Award patch is not worn on the uniform. It is an aquatic insignia and can be worn on swim trunks. It can also be worn on a jacket or patch vest or placed on blankets, backpacks, or other personal equipment.
Mile Swim BSA requirements
- 1-4: Swimming
- Your handbook is your primary reference. See Swimming Skills for step-by-step instructions and lesson video links.
- See also: Swimming & Lifesaving Merit Badge Pamphlets - Guide to Safe Scouting - Safe Swim Defense - Safety Afloat
- Aquatic Awards Links
- Boy Scout Merit Badges: Canoeing - Kayaking - Lifesaving - Motorboating - Rowing - Scuba Diving - Small-Boat Sailing - Swimming - Water Sports - Whitewater
- Boy Scouts ranks and awards: Second Class - First Class - BSA Lifeguard - Boardsailing BSA - Kayaking BSA - Mile Swim BSA - Scuba BSA - Snorkeling BSA - BSA Swim Test
- Venturing: Ranger Award electives: Lifesaving - Scuba - Watercraft; Sea Scout Bronze Award - Sea Scout Ranks: Apprentice - Ordinary - Able - Quartermaster
- Webelos Activity Badge: Aquanaut
- Cub Scout Belt Loops & Pins: Cub Scout Swimming
- Unlike most merit badges or other awards, there is no limit to the amount of times a Scout or Scouter may earn this award.
- Be sure you have the proper physical fitness and ability levels before attempting the swim. It is highly advised to complete the Swimming merit badge before attempting the Mile Swim Award.