Merit Badge worksheets
Revision Dates, and links related Merit Badges and Scout Awards.
These worksheets are used by Summer Camps, Merit Badge Events, and individual Scouts.
Other resources include the Online Merit Badge Application, Popularity, FAQ, and Policies.
Merit Badge Resources, Worksheets, and Revision Dates
Here are links to Merit Badge resource pages and worksheets along with the requirement Revision Dates. Make sure the Merit Badge pamphlet (book) you are using is not out of date (older than the revision date). Rank workbooks are also listed.
Merit Badge Workbooks (worksheets) are not required but are tools that can help Scouts organize notes, listen actively, and document their work. These worksheets are used by Summer Camps, Merit Badge Events, and individual Scouts. See Merit Badges for more details on earning a Merit Badge. Workbooks allow Merit Badge Counselors to offer group instruction but still "...test the Scout individually."BSA Click a merit badge below for the current requirements. "You should read the merit badge pamphlet on the subject."BSA Merit badge pamphlets (books) are available at your local Scout Shop or online at ScoutStuff.org.
Here are examples of some of the extra materials you will need that are included in the workbooks:
- The blank maps for: Citizenship in the World, Aviation, Radio, etc. The graph paper for: Art, Fire Safety, Pottery, Safety, Drafting, etc.
- Safe Swim Defense plan for: Swimming and Lifesaving. Safety Afloat for: Canoeing, Rowing, Swimming, Lifesaving, Motorboating, etc.
- The BSA Home Safety Checklist for: Emergency Preparedness, Safety, Fire Safety, etc.
- Internet links are at the end of each workbook. For instance, check out the free online video lesson links in: Camping, Camping, First Aid, Swimming, etc.
- Webmasters: Please post links to the merit badge pages below instead of posting the doc or pdf files as they are updated frequently.
- "Unless otherwise specified, work for a requirement can be started at any time." Some Merit Badges Require Prior Approval before starting certain requirements. - BSR p. 22.
- See the Merit Badge FAQ for many more answers about Merit Badges. See the Merit Badge Application for an online, printable application.
|Scout badge||PDF DOC|
|Tenderfoot rank||PDF DOC|
|Second Class rank||PDF DOC|
|First Class rank||PDF DOC|
|Star rank||PDF DOC|
|Life rank||PDF DOC|
|Eagle Scout rank||Interactive DOC|
|Eagle Palms||Interactive DOC|
TPF - A Troop Program Monthly Theme is available featuring this merit badge.
Merit Badge Notes
- To verify that your Merit Badge Pamphlet (book) is up to date, check the pamphlet printing date that will be on one of the first few pages at a lower corner. Make sure the printing date is no later than the Requirement Revision Date above.
- Workbooks are updated more often than the requirements as we add new links, diagrams, charts, etc. That is the Workbook update date.
- For answers to many common questions see the Merit Badge FAQ and Merit Badge Policies.
- Right-click on a workbook name to Save As... or Print without viewing the workbook on screen.
- These workbooks files are up to ten times smaller than the old worksheets and should load quickly.
- To print just the table of Merit Badges and Revision Dates:
- Highlight just the table of merit badges by dragging your mouse over the table.
- Click Print Preview on your browser and choose "as selected on screen" and click the Print button.
General Merit Badge information
- An Introduction to Merit Badges – how to get started, who chooses the counselor, etc.
- Merit Badge Application – offers online resources to let you print "Blue Cards," etc.
- Additionally: List of Merit Badges by Field of Study – Merit Badge Pamphlets & Libraries