Merit Badge Resources, Worksheets, and Revision Dates
Here are links to Merit Badge resource pages and worksheets along with the requirement Revision Dates. Make sure the Merit Badge book you are using is not out of date (older than the revision date).
Optional workbooks (worksheets) can help Scouts organize notes, listen actively, and document their work. Workbooks allow Merit Badge Counselors to offer group instruction but still "...test the Scout individually."BSA Click a merit badge below for the current requirements. "You should read the merit badge pamphlet on the subject."BSA Merit badge pamphlets (books) are available at your local Scout Shop or online at ScoutStuff.org.
Here are examples of some of the extra materials you will need that are included in the workbooks:
- The blank maps for: Citizenship in the World, Aviation, Radio, etc. The graph paper for: Art, Fire Safety, Pottery, Safety, Drafting, etc.
- Safe Swim Defense plan for: Swimming and Lifesaving. Safety Afloat for: Canoeing, Rowing, Swimming, Lifesaving, Motorboating, etc.
- The BSA Home Safety Checklist for: Emergency Preparedness, Safety, Fire Safety, etc.
- Internet links are at the end of each workbook. For instance, check out the free online video lesson links in: Camping, Camping, First Aid, Swimming, etc.
- Webmasters: Please post links to the merit badge pages below instead of posting the doc or pdf files as they are updated frequently.
- Other notes
- A Scout is expected to meet the requirements exactly as stated – no more and no less.
- Scouts STARTING a merit badge must use the CURRENT Boy Scout Requirements and can continue to use those requirements even if new requirements are published. A Scout may then elect to complete the full set of new requirements or the full set of old requirements. A Scout cannot pick and choose from both sets. If he chooses to use the new requirements, he can, of course, use the work he has done on any of the old requirements, if the requirement is unchanged, or only had editorial changes which don't actually change the actual requirement.
Email the worksheet developer with any comments or ideas: Craig. Webelos Activity Badge Worksheets and Cub Scout Beltloop Worksheets are also available.
Requirement Revision Dates as of 08/1/2008
Merit Badge Notes
- To verify that your Merit Badge Pamphlet (book) is up to date, check the pamphlet printing date that will be on one of the first few pages at the bottom left. Make sure the printing date is no later than the Requirement Revision Date above.
- Workbooks are updated more often than the requirements as we add new links, diagrams, charts, etc. That is the Workbook update date.
- For answers to many common questions see the Merit Badge FAQ and Merit Badge Policies.
- Right-click on a workbook name to Save As... or Print without viewing the workbook on screen.
- These workbooks files are up to ten times smaller than the old worksheets and should load quickly.
- To print just the table of Merit Badges and Revision Dates:
- Highlight just the table of merit badges by dragging your mouse over the table.
- Click Print Preview on your browser and choose "as selected on screen" and click the Print button.