What is a Sysop?
Sysops on this wiki are administrators that help keep the website running efficiently and effectively for the benefit of Scouting.
A user with sysop rights can:
- edit protected pages/sections (including those in the MeritBadgeDotOrg namespace),
- patrol the recent changes,
- move pages,
- delete and undelete pages,
- protect and unprotect pages,
- block and unblock users, and
- use the rollback feature.
- See: MediaWiki.Org/Manual:Administrators for details.
Can I become a Sysop on this wiki?
Yes, absolutely! You can volunteer yourself, or be nominated.
Pre-requisites for Adminship
In order to be a Sysop on this wiki:
- You must, first, be an active, BSA-registered Scouter, including...
- Second, you must also be a registered member of MeritBadge.Net. (There is a private forum on MeritBadge.Net where sysops can discuss the administrative (i.e., back office) aspects of maintaining this website, to which you would need to subscribe.)
If you meet these pre-requisites, some (very) limited personal information will asked for in order to verify that you meet the above requirements. (Note: This information will only be available to the Bureaucrats.)
Requests for Adminship
If you are interested, or would like to nominate somebody, please e-mail RWSmith.
Who are the Sysops on this wiki?
- See: List of Sysops