- Troop Program Features Monthly themes with meeting and activity plans
- Swimming Skills - with video lessons and links for strokes and lifesaving
- First Aid Skills - with video lessons and links for 70 topics
- Den Leader Getting Started Guide with the meeting plans and resources you need
- Religious Emblems now has photos to show how to wear the devices on the youth knot and a chart of two of the most popular programs
- National Summertime Award now has a chart showing the new pins for each level and when they can be earned. Dozens of activity ideas were added.
- Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award now has great Requirement Resources and dozens of related award links.
- Whittling Chip now has a chart to show that Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts can earn this award. Training curriculum and links are provided.
- Worksheets link on the main sidebar menu guides you to worksheets for the Cub Scout Belt Loops and Pins, Webelos Activity Badge Worksheets and the Boy Scout Merit Badge Worksheets.
- First Aid Skills are the first aid resources you need for over 40 ranks and badges. Videos show you key skills.
- Advancement Campouts are vital to the success of new Scouts.
- Scout Skills outlines skills needed for Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class with resources and links.
- Merit Badge Day tell about the great events and how good they can be.
- This is Scouting has replaced New Leader Essentials.
- Courts of Honor Sample Word DOC files script and program you can edit.
- Philmont Scout Ranch article created with Philmont Training Center information created
- Age-Appropriate Guidelines article created
- Accident & Sickness Insurance Plan article created
- Popcorn has tips for selling popcorn and and why popcorn is so important for every Scout and unit.
- Individual Youth Accounts article created to accompany the new Fundraising article
New and revised pages include:
- New interactive Advancement report added
- Fundraising with the Unit Money Raising form
- Good Turn for America with program details and links
- University of Scouting - MeritBadge.Org is your online University of Scouting with 72 great topics!
- Lion Cub Scouts The Lion Cub Scouts is a new pilot Cub Scout program for boys age 5 or in Kindergarten and their adult partners in the Northern Star Council.
- Exploring became Venturing on August 1, 1998. The term Exploring now refers to a Learning for Life Program.
- Recruiting offers 30 great resources to help you. Shows why your Spring Roundup is as important as your fall roundup. Covers Planning to Follow-up.
- Scout Cheers, Scout Songs, and Scout Skits are a great way to involve everyone in a meeting or campfire.
- Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills also known as Scoutmaster Outdoor.
- New Leader Training is comprised of Fast Start Training, Basic Leader Training, and Leader Specific Training.
- Boy Scouts of America Historical Highlights Key accomplishments in Scouting and by famous Scouts.
- Patrol Leaders' Council article is now complete with good information on Boy-Led troops
- Scout Sunday worship service, bulletin, and other ideas. Also includes Scout Sabbath.
- Doctorate of Commissioner Science Award can be earned by commissioners who provide exemplary service for at least five years.
- Wood Badge tells why you should go to Wood Badge. Lots of great links including the sheet music for: "Back to Gilwell."
- BSA Ready & Prepared Award requirements and links
- Roundtable - what it is and why you should go.
- Webelos Transition tools you need to help you Webelos Bridger into a troop.
- New interactive District Award of Merit Nomination form
- Workbooks and Forms category created.
- Hiking - Music - Electricity - Archery Merit Badge Workbook expanded.
2009 Boy Scout Requirement Changes: The requirements for the following Merit Badges have changed:
|Archery||Architecture||Automotive Maintenance||Cinematography||Coin Collecting|
|Collections||Drafting||Emergency Preparedness||Engineering||Farm Mechanics|
|Indian Lore||Insect Study||Landscape Architecture||Lifesaving||Motorboating|
New Eagle Resources:
- New Eagle Scout Leadership Service Project resources added including the Eagle Project Checklist and the Sample Eagle Project Ideas .
- Eagle Palms has expanded graphics, lists, and the new Eagle Palm Application 58-709.
- The new Medical Records page has everything you need for the new Physical, that replaces the old Class 1, 2, and 3.
Pinewood Derby expanded:
- The Pinewood Derby page is all new along with the Pinewood Derby Official Rules and Pinewood Derby Tips.
- Every page of MeritBadge.Org is now available in dozens of languages! See Languages for details.
Knots have been expanded:
- The Knot page is all new with just the 8 knots you need with animated examples plus new simplified pdf to print.
- The knot theory and terminology have been moved to Advanced Knots.
- More animated knot pages were added: Special knots, Sailing knots, and Fishing knots.
- New Cub Scout Leader Outdoor Training Articles
- BALOO - In order for a Cub Scout Pack to have a campout, at least one leader must be BALOO trained.
- Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders - To have a Webelos Den campout, at least one leader should have completed Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders.
- Basic Leader Training has been converted from a stub to a real page with everything you need.
- Other new resources have been added!
- Flag Ceremonies has been added showing basic opening and closing ceremonies a Cub Scout or Boy Scout can learn.
- Pack Meeting shows how to have great Pack Meetings and increase attendance by using the BSA program to it's fullest.
- The Positions of Responsibility have been greatly expanded with positions in Varsity Teams, Venture Crews, etc.
- New Boy Scout Rank Workbooks added for
Webelos Badge and Webelos Arrow of Light workbooks created and links expanded
Merit Badges Earned is updated & expanded - all 12 pages now in one table. Sortable on any column, links added to every current merit badge.
Emergency Kit and First Aid Kit - Completely revised with new materials from GSS and new Emergency Preparedness book
Guide to Safe Scouting stub turned into a full article with dozens of links to chapter content
Adult Leader page created - We use some version of this term on over 150 pages but we never explained what it means.
Friends of Scouting page created with printable recourses and a list of 250 companies with matching programs.
- Mobile/PDA interface New Mobile version of MeritBadge.Org
- Just enter m.meritbadge.org on most web enabled cell phones and iPods. Full link: http://m.meritbadge.org
- Merit Badge application - including the online printable Word DOC file version!
- Scouter Awards with a dozen new award pages added
Key new articles included:
- Boy Scout Resident Camp - all about Boy Scout Summer Camp
- Cub Scout Resident Camp - all about Cub Scout and Webelos Resident Camp
- Cub Scout Day Camp - more fun than you can stand!
- Essentials for the Outdoors Checklists for everything from a day hike to an overnighter and more.
2009 Boy Scout Requirement Changes Pages and Worksheets update for:
|Architecture||Emergency Preparedness||Insect Study||Painting|
|Automotive Maintenance||Engineering||Landscape Architecture||Pottery|
|Coin Collecting||Farm Mechanics||Lifesaving||Radio|
Advancement Policies pages added and updated. New navbox created:
- Fast Tracks added:
- Fast Tracks for Tiger Cub Scouts (1st grade)
- Fast Tracks for Wolf Cub Scouts (2nd grade)
- Fast Tracks for Bear Cub Scouts (3rd grade)
- Fast Tracks for 4th grade Webelos Scouts - Also see: Webelos Scout Program
- Fast Tracks for 5th grade Webelos Scouts - Only for Scouts who completed the 4th grade Fast Track
- Cub Scouts at all levels can also earn the Belt Loops and Pins.