(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 09:00, April 21, 2008
Community PortalJust like all other pages on MeritBadgeDotOrg, the Community portal has two areas:
- the project page (or article page), which is just like a Scouting "Roundtable"; and
- the discussion page (more commonly referred to as talk pages), which is just like a Scouting "Cracker Barrel"
Here, you can find about about what's going on at this website, or even other BSA-related websites; you can find out about what areas need work, help... maybe your expertise would be just what the Scoutmaster ordered.
Contributing to MeritBadgeDotOrg
|Every registered user of this Wiki is an Editor. However, only those who actually edit something are Contributors. Won't you contribute something to MeritBadgeDotOrg, today? (Or, whenever you have a few minutes.) There's plenty to do. Remember, Helping Scouts advance is our mantra.
Editing rules and guidelines (In order of precedence)
- 1. Policies and usage standards
- Prior to editing any pages, please read (and, of course, comply with) all MeritBadgeDotOrg policies.
- 2. Site-specific help and information regarding editing on this wiki
- Help:Editing specific to this website. Here, you will find help on:
- General editing help (i.e., text formatting)
- Additional notes on page formatting
- Adding an image
- External links
Note: Unlike Wikipedia, but like many MediaWiki sites, only registered users may edit pages on this Wiki. Registered users on this Wiki must be registered Scouters.
- 3. The "Art of Wikifying" (a.k.a., Wiki-style writing)
- Aside from items 1 and 2 noted above, you may wish to check out:
- MeritBadgeDotOrg:Manual of Style for writing style guidance.
- But, please... don't sweat the details, too much, just yet. We'd much rather you get you information on the website, which can be edited later, than not at all.
Would you like to help out?
(That's what a Wiki is all about!) Many articles are stubs, or otherwise need attention, or haven't even been created, yet. If you like, go ahead, be bold, and jump right in. If you aren't ready to fly solo, you can participate in a Collaboration (coming soon).
Things to do...
(In no particular order of precedence.)
- Make some Userboxes.
- Build a colaboration page(s)for Shortcuts, or Templates, or both.