(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 18:08, October 23, 2008
Welcome to... MERITBADGE.ORG — "Helping Scouts Advance"
MeritBadge.Org is not affiliated with Boy Scouts of America or WOSM. Scouting® and many other terms are registered trademarks of the BSA. Please see the Disclaimers.
- MeritBadge.Org provides resources for Tiger, Wolf, and Bear Cub Scouts, Webelos, Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, and Venturers including:
- Nearly 200 worksheets for Merit Badges, Webelos Activity Badges, and Cub Scout Belt Loops and Pins,
- Thousands of resource links for nearly 300 ranks, Merit Badges, Scout Awards, and Scouter Awards
- 958 main topics and 8,530 pages with 2,080 documents and images for over 100,000 monthly visitors
- 14,991 volunteers who have made 44,348 updates.
- MeritBadge.Org is the free Scouting Wikipedia dedicated to providing advancement resources for Scouts and leaders. Here's What's new!
- Dec 2013: Venturing awards will be changed around the time of the BSA National Annual Meeting in May 2014. From then on, Venturing members may begin working on the new awards. The old awards will be discontinued Dec 31, 2014. 2014 Venturing Program Change Overview
- September 9: Little Sioux Scout Ranch, Scouts and Leaders involved in the tornado tragedy received new award from the state of Nebraska. Full Story
- Cub Scouting
- Cub Scouts is a year-round family- and home-centered program for boys in the first through fifth grade (or who are 7 - 10 years old). The Tiger Cub program for first graders and their adult partners emphasizes shared leadership, community, and family. The Wolf and Bear Cub activities for second and third graders emphasize character development, citizenship, and personal fitness. Webelos Scouts (fourth and fifth graders) participate in more advanced activities to prepare for Boy Scouts. All Cub Scouts can earn Belt Loops and attend Day Camp. Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts can also attend Cub Scout Resident Camp.
- Boy Scouting
- Boy Scouts is a year-round program for boys 11 through 17 featuring outdoor programs and leadership. Boy Scouts can earn ranks, Merit Badges, and awards.
- Varsity Scouting
- Varsity Scouting is an active, exciting, year-round program for young men 14 through 17 built around five program fields of emphasis: advancement, high-adventure/sports, personal development, service, and special programs and events.
- Venturing is a year-round program for young men and women who are 14 (and have completed the eighth grade) through 20 years of age to provide positive experiences through exciting and meaningful youth-run activities that help them pursue their special interests, grow by teaching others, and develop leadership skills.
- Sea Scouting
- Sea Scouts is a specialized segment of the Venturing program, which was organized to address members' boating skills and promote knowledge of our maritime heritage. Swimming, lifesaving, first aid, Coast Guard Auxiliary Sailing and Seamanship, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation courses are taught with the ship by its officers.
Other areas of this site
- Site Map - A list of all the pages on this web site
- FAQ - Frequently asked questions about this web site
- Policies - Important information about you and this site
Purge cache to show recent changes