Typical Boy Scout troop organization chart (click to zoom)
The Librarian oversees the care and use of troop/team books, pamphlets, magazines, audiovisuals, and merit badge counselor lists.
- Sets up and takes care of a troop/team library.
- Keeps records of books and pamphlets owned by the troop/team.
- Adds new or replacement items as needed.
- Keeps books and pamphlets available for borrowing.
- Keeps a system for checking books and pamphlets in and out, and follows up on late returns.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit
- Ranks requiring a Positions of Responsibility
- Star Rank #5 "While a First Class Scout, serve actively 4 months in one or more of the following positions..."
- Life Rank #5 "While a Star Scout, serve actively 6 months in one or more of the positions of responsibility..."
- Eagle Scout Rank #4 "While a Life Scout, serve actively for a period of 6 months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility..." (reduced list)
- See also: National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) - a fun, six-day outdoor learning course.