|Serving as Librarian can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
The Librarian oversees the care and use of troop/team books, pamphlets, magazines, audiovisuals, and merit badge counselor lists.
- Sets up and takes care of a troop/team library.
- Keeps records of books and pamphlets owned by the troop/team.
- Adds new or replacement items as needed.
- Keeps books and pamphlets available for borrowing.
- Keeps a system for checking books and pamphlets in and out, and follows up on late returns.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit
|Boy Scout portal|
- Ranks requiring a Positions of Responsibility
- Star Rank #5 "While a First Class Scout, serve actively 4 months in one or more of the following positions..."
- Life Rank #5 "While a Star Scout, serve actively 6 months in one or more of the positions of responsibility..."
- Eagle Scout Rank #4 "While a Life Scout, serve actively for a period of 6 months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility..." (reduced list)
- See also: National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) - a fun, six-day outdoor learning course.
|Varsity Scout portal|
- 36 BSA Monthly Troop Programs with Troop Meeting Plans (free & online), Printed: Vol I - Vol II - Vol III - Resources
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) - Troop Meeting Planner - Campfire Planner - Resource Survey - Troop Committee Challenge
- Senior Patrol Leaders Handbook - Patrol Leaders Handbook - Scoutmaster Handbook - BSA Nameplates