|Serving as Instructor can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
The Instructor teaches Scouting skills.
- Teaches basic Scouting skills in a troop/team and patrols/squads.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit
The Instructor is the youth instruction leader in its unit. Other youth instruction leaders are:
|Boy Scout portal|
- Ranks requiring a Positions of Responsibility
- Star Rank #5 "While a First Class Scout, serve actively 4 months in one or more of the following positions..."
- Life Rank #5 "While a Star Scout, serve actively 6 months in one or more of the positions of responsibility..."
- Eagle Scout Rank #4 "While a Life Scout, serve actively for a period of 6 months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility..." (reduced list)
- See also: National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) - a fun, six-day outdoor learning course.
|Varsity Scout portal|