Hunting is one of the electives for the Venturing Ranger Award.
Hunting (Ranger Award elective) requirements
- Requirement 1. Hunter education and enforcement
- a. Successfully complete a hunter education course offered by your state wildlife/conservation agency.
- b. Learn and explain the requirements to become a volunteer hunter education instructor in your state.
- c. Explain how to report a wildlife-related violation to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- Requirement 2. Do (a), (b), or (c).
- a. Successfully complete a bowhunter education course offered by your state or the National Bowhunter Education Foundation.
- b. Successfully complete a National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association Rifle Basic course.
- c. Participate in a National Rifle Association-International Hunter Education Association Youth Hunter Education Challenge event sponsored by your state.
- Requirement 3. Do (a), (b), or (c).
- a. Assist a certified hunter education instructor with a hunter education course.
- b. Either plan or assist in putting on a National Hunting and Fishing Day program.
- c. Talk with a game warden/ conservation officer about his/her job. If possible, observe/assist at a game check station in your state.
- Requirement 4. Plan and carry out a hunting trip approved by an Advisor.
- Requirement 5. Make a tabletop display or presentation on what you have learned for your crew, another crew, a Cub or Boy Scout group, or another youth group.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Venturer Handbook, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
5. Presentation resources: