|Hog and Pork Production merit badge
|| BSA Advancement ID:
|| new in 1928
| Replaced in:
|| Replaced by:
|| Hog Production
Hog and Pork Production requirements at discontinuation
- Visit five or more farms and name and describe two to five breeds of hogs found on the farms visited.
- Confer with meat market men and from their instruction draw a diagram of a hog, and mark and name the parts for butcher classification and sale of pork products.
- Explain the different users of hog products for both commerce and food.
- Salt at least 2 pounds of pork or smoke 2 pounds of ham, and explain method.
- Describe life history of one breed of hog observed at fair stock show or on farm.
- Write out a balanced ration for fattening hogs, and give reasons for its preparation.
- Explain fully symptoms of hog cholera and preventative measures used.
- Name the different kinds of food rations needed for hogs from weaning time to market.
- Comply with the 4-H Club or Home Project Requirements in the Pig Club.
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.