|Serving as Historian can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
- Gathers pictures and facts about troop/team activities and keeps them in a historical file or scrapbook.
- Takes care of troop/team trophies, ribbons, and souvenirs of troop/team activities.
- Keeps information about former members of the troop/team.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
- In a Varsity Scout team, serving as Team Historian can apply towards positions of responsibility requirements for Star and Life but NOT Eagle.
The Historian is the youth historian leader in its unit. Other youth historian leaders are:
|Boy Scout portal|
|Varsity Scout portal|